LIGHTHOUSE: The Vision
Do you ever have the feeling that there’s no place in the entire universe that you would rather be than right here, right now? I want to create a Home that helps people feel that.
My vision is for every American to have access to a Lighthouse, guiding those who feel lost at sea home to the island within. Each Lighthouse is a beacon shining light on our souls, illuminating our essence and activating our purpose.
These Lighthouses are houses of devotion where we celebrate the miracle of Life, commune with community and co-create with Creator. They’re sacred portals of grace where all expressions of spirit are welcomed home in the wholeness of the holy.
These Lighthouses illuminate the divine within each atom of the universe, each soul in the Kosmos and each moment in Infinity.
They are cocoons for death, wombs for rebirth and incubators for resurrection.
These Lighthouses are homes that shine their light in all directions, playfully illuminating the Cosmic Joke: God is hiding in plain sight, right here, right now. This is it!
These homes create spaces for us to come out of hiding and allow ourselves to be fully seen for exactly what we are: a perfectly imperfect miracle unfolding into and as Perfection.
Let us celebrate the miracle that is This in its glorious dance of diversity and expression. Are you ready to remember?
The Light will guide you Here.
LIGHTHOUSE: The Compass
In the coming decade, every American will have access to a Lighthouse, a community container for transformation and celebration.
These Lighthouses are an invitation to fill the God-sized hole being left in the vacuum of modern America where traditional community gathering centers are in rapid decline. Church and synagogue attendance is plummeting, libraries are being replaced by the internet, coffee shops and gyms have become a place to tune out the world via noise-canceling headphones and our “smart” devices.
Where can we Americans physically gather in-person, hold hands, share laughs, shed tears, learn from one another, dance high on life, and celebrate the miracle of our existence?
Lighthouses can be that home.
Each Lighthouse will emerge to meet the needs of the local community it’s arising in while sharing the universal, timeless, indigenously-human principles that include ceremony, ritual, rites of passage as well as prayer and offerings to the Creator of our understanding. Other foundational elements include community outreach and selfless service to others, seeing the sacred in All, turning Life into art, reconnecting with our innate Wholeness and celebrating the fact that we’re miraculously alive!
Lighthouses embrace diversity in all its forms, including how we make meaning of existence. We will synthesize and integrate magic, mythic, modernism, metamodernism and mystical, illuminating the Divine in all its faces.
There will be daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal and annual events, workshops, activities and gatherings as well as three rings of community engagement: Family, Friends, Supporters.
Family will potentially live onsite (depending on the Lighthouse’s infrastructure) and commit to a number of hours of engagement each week. Friends are locals in the community who attend as often as possible, at least bi-weekly. Supporters are our extended family who attend a few times a season or support the Lighthouse in other ways, i.e. a local farmer donating food for an event.
Each Lighthouse will nominate a Core Team of our Family members who manage, organize and develop each Lighthouse for a one year commitment, ensuring consistency, accountability and responsibility for those who are trusted by the Lighthouse family.
Lighthouses will be registered as 501(c)(3) religious institutions creating a loose network of affiliate branches to share resources and infrastructure while also providing opportunities for entheogen usage in a legal structure.
LIGHTHOUSE: The Offerings
- Coliving & Coworking spaces
- Daily “breaking bread” communal meals
- Daily drop-in meditation classes & silent meditation retreats
- Ecstatic dance rituals
- Devotional song & prayer (inspired by Christian Rock, Gospel, Kirtan and Medicine Songs)
- Community service & outreach
- Daily nondual spirituality sermons & satsangs
- Sunday “Celebrations of the Miracle of Life” congregational gatherings (our version of Church)
- Facilitators offering interactive presentations, embodied meditations and movement classes
- Interactive teachings on topics ranging from Internal Family Systems (IFS), Integral Theory, Parenting in the New Paradigm, Purpose Guiding, Breathwork, Pleasure Activism, Developmental Politics, Existential Risks, Enneagram / Human Design / Astrology, Jungian Dreamwork, Sensemaking, Ethical implications for Web3, The Art of Conflict Resolution, Becoming a Community Creature, etc.
- Plant medicine and psychedelic initiations
- On-site therapists, coaches and guides
- Vision Quest journeys and nature-based immersions
- Circling, Authentic Relating and various WeSpace practices
- 12 Step Meetings
- Book clubs
- Technology detox retreats
- Wisdom Councils including elder circles
- Tea ceremonies
- Men and Women’s groups
- Seasonal festivals open to the broader community and the global Lighthouse network
- More possibilities listed here
LIGHTHOUSE: The Curiosities
- Where to launch our pilot Lighthouse? Who are the team of collaborators that are going to bring this to life?
- Will people be able to commit to routine community engagement with their already overly busy work/family/social commitments? How many hours a week can people commit to participating and serving at their local Lighthouse?
- How to provide a safe space open to all without falling into pitfalls and shadows of Wokeism and Cancel Culture, which risks alienating the broader community?
- What role do the children play, and how can they be integrated into the community in a way that goes beyond modern conceptions while still being realistic to the safety needs of many Western parents?
- Can the magic of an intentional community like PachaMama be replicated when removed from the lush tropical jungle and taken into the modern streets of America? What part of the magical recipe involves leaving home and being in an exotic location surrounded by nature with people from all over the world? See this essay.
- How to create Lighthouse blueprints that can catalyze a mycelium of emergent communities while maintaining clear accountability processes and ethical precepts?
- How to avoid becoming a cult? See Jamie Wheal’s “How To Spot A Cult” checklist.
- How to reclaim and restore the word “God” to its mystical roots, seeing all in God and God in all? How to create an open, inclusive congregation that actually stands for something, such as a remembrance of omnipresent Divinity and sacred principles of Truth, Beauty and Goodness?
- Can we regenerate “sacred spaces” such as dying churches that already concretely exist in most communities around the country? How to not turn off atheists or Traditional Religion-traumatized individuals if operating out of these reclaimed spaces?
LIGHTHOUSE: The Crew
- Tucker Walsh: Tucker is a lighthouse for Spirit and travel guide for Soul helping to navigate the miracle of Life through storytelling, ceremony and celebration. He is currently exploring transformative communities around the globe, apprenticing to ancient and emerging ways of Being, Doing and Becoming. In his previous life, Tucker was an Emmy Award-winning documentary filmmaker.
- You! If you’re interested in co-creating this emerging vision, please reach out at: firstname.lastname@example.org
LIGHTHOUSE: Nex Steps to Navigating Home
- Collaborate with a designer to create a website, look & feel, vision board and manifesto film.
- Determine a first location for the launch of a Lighthouse pilot.
- Create an initial Core Team including locals from the community and determine roles, volunteers vs. paid staff, commitments, etc.
- Draft initial programing, facilitators, format and community outreach approach.
- Secure funding.
- Set a launch date.
- Pray. Laugh. Learn. Celebrate.
LIGHTHOUSE: Gratitude & Update
I’ve been blown away by the responses so far to the Lighthouse vision. It seems to be hitting a deep need — perhaps even a starvation — that so many in the modern Western world are hungry for: community, connection, meaning and purpose.
This project can only become a living reality with your help. Lets feed the souls of America by reinvigorating Spirit into our daily lives through the timeless, boundless, universal Love that lights All into being.
Please reach out to share feedback, suggestions or potential ways you’d like to be involved. Email: email@example.com
With love, gratitude and endless enthusiasm for the emergent unfolding…
Check out my new essay exploring how Post-Healing Intentional Communities and how Lighthouses could be these home.